Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Healing the Ocean

One little prayer, one little deed at a time. This is the only way I can find to bring healing to the ocean right now. My heart sinks each time I see photos and read reports of the devistation. We have a huge responsibility on our hands, as caretakers of mother earth, to care for her and love all of her inhabitants. I found a way to incorporate the wishes of my children to help, through Craft Hope's Project #8 Cleaning up the Gulf Oil Spill. The kids and I measured and cut used towels to send off, packed them in groups of ten, and boxed them to send. This has been the biggest project ever for Craft Hope. It is a tiny little step, but worthwhile for showing that every effort towards a hopeful future unifies us all.



5 comments:

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Great idea. All the help possible is needed. It saddens me too to see how terrible and devastating this oil leak is. We have vacation for the past 3 years on the Gulf Coast and have seen how beautiful it is. I cannot even imagine how the wildlife will ever recover.

Ariella said...

Thank you for your love and positivity!

Tonya Gunn said...

What a wonderful thing to do.

Nicole Vangen said...

Tears in my eyes.

Thank you, thank you for this thoughtful deed.

Bless our oceans.
Nicole

Jen said...

Hi Emily - beautiful post. You have such a mighty heart...

I wanted to LYK that I'm giving you a Sunshine Award :D I appreciate the time you take to blog and wanted to honor you in this way.

http://ancienthearth2.blogspot.com/2010/07/sunshine-award.html

Blessings,
Jen