Monday, June 15, 2009

Oregon Coast

I have to admit that I forgot about just how stunning the Oregon Coast is. The contrast of the thick pine forests, the dramatic sky, the rippled sand dunes, massive driftwood and the shimmering ocean is soul nourishing. The feeling that came to mind was one of expansiveness. I felt miniscule in the landscape, as if I had melted into it's beauty. I loved to see the freedom for the kids to run against the wind, leap from sandy peaks and follow their happy toes into the low tide. We stayed at the State campground yurts, which are a perfect combination of comfort and simplicity.










Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

Olya said...

where in Oregon did you go? We're going there in July for our family vacation and your post made me even more excited about traveling over there... I've never been to Oregon before, but I keep telling Mark half-jokingly that he needs to find a job up there :)

Blla said...

magnifiques photos, it's a dream...

Joy said...

How gorgeous are those photos! I've always wanted to visit the Oregon coast. You've just pushed it back up toward the top of my list. I'm glad you had a great trip!