Monday, May 4, 2009

May Day Festivities

We had a wonderful Sunday afternoon visiting with friends at the May Faire. The kids loved making flower wreaths, pounding flowers on cloth banners and dancing 'round the maypole.










After May Faire, I had an amazing Meditteranean- inspired meal with my book club friends. I found a very simple arugula-olive rice salad that was delicious. Thunderstorms rolled into town in that evening, an we lost electricity. I sat by candlelight, reading The Passion of Mary Magdalene, such a simple pleasure.



Sending May Day Birthday Wishes to My Dear Sister, Amy!

10 comments:

Tan Family said...

What a beautiful May Day! I love the natural wreaths for the girls.

momma rae said...

as always, you captured some beautiful pictures! i am so glad that your family joined us on this glorious day! wish we could have visited more, but i was happy just knowing you were there clicking away!

Erin said...

Looks like you had a really lovely day ...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the b-day wishes sister!! I love you and your beautiful photos!
Amy

Leanne said...

What a perfect looking May day! So much colour and so many blooms...

jane said...

It does look perfect! Happy May!

Joy said...

I so wish I would have known this was going on in Asheville. We probably could have driven over for it (since there is nothing in the Triad for May Day). It looks like you had a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

OMG these pictures are gorgeous and I always wanted to celebrate May Faire round the maypole, but I felt so ackward doing it in The Netherlands back then. Now I regret it!!
I really really love your life style!!

dottyspots said...

That looks like a lovely day - I love making flower crowns, although mine tend to be rather fragile.

natsumi said...

These photos are so lovely and children are so cute! Happy May! ox