Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Little Bit O'Luck



My sweet Vivi has quite the eye for four leaf clovers. As she headed to her violin lesson, she spotted one! It must be extra lucky when you find one on St Patrick's Day! It makes up for my lack of preparations this year. She was so pleased. It is sitting next to my new favorite Elsa Beskow postcard.




I felt rather lucky the last time I went thrift store shopping. I found a whole stack of interesting books, real cowgirl boots for Vivi, a Liberty of London toilette bag (i heart their fabrics...), and this cute little boy smocked romper. I am not so sure how this looks on my boy, (it is a bit fancy)but the details are so cute, I figure that I could at least make it into a quilt square some day.













And here is my sweetie pie, wearing her new creations. She crafted the bow with her needle and thread, a bit of fabric scrap and a hair clip. She made a drawing of a girl on white felt, using pastel permanent markers, then cut around it and stitched it to a white blouse in my mending pile. Then her piggy tail holders are cut from bits of fabric-covered elastic from the legs of baby bloomers (in my scrap pile). She secretly created (I should wonder when the house is so quiet...)and then proudly came to show her lovelies.

I completed the nature table for Vivi's classroom, and the Peace banner was made for my friend, Sonya's blessing way. Each woman created one with their wish. It was a beautiful celebration. I always feel so honored to be able to nurture other women who are mothers.



wishing good luck and many joys

No comments: